We invite you to volunteer with us! Whether it’s to help with a preservation project, work in our office, or at one of our special events, Knox Heritage volunteers are an integral part of who we are and the work that we do!
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Administrative – Administrative volunteers assist with various clerical tasks that keep our office running smoothly. Opportunities include data entry, recordkeeping, and assisting with mailings.
- Advocacy – Since 1974, community members – like YOU – have advocated for the buildings that make Knoxville and the surrounding area special. Join us in promoting historic preservation initiatives with state and local government officials, advocating for at-risk buildings, and sharing the stories of our community’s treasured places by joining our advocacy efforts.
- Historic Properties – Do you enjoy hands-on preservation? Skilled craftspeople, designers, construction managers, and connectors for material donations can be very impactful.
- Photography – Provide photography services for community events, with willingness to edit and release photos to Knox Heritage for marketing use.
- Special Events – Great for folks who have a few hours to spare and want to volunteer at the Scruffy City Soirée, the Historic Westwood Holiday Home Tour, etc.
- Summer Suppers – Summer Suppers are fun and engaging ways to connect people to historic places. Every year, over 100 volunteer committee members help make our annual Summer Suppers one of our most anticipated series of events!
- Westwood Docent Program – Westwood is the historic home, studio, and art gallery of Adelia Armstrong Lutz. Our volunteer docents are trained to give tours of the house and typically serve at least one (1) three-hour session per month.
- Westwood Gardens & Grounds – Westwood features gardens that often need weeding, trimming, fertilizing, or watering.