Preserve. Restore. Transform. More than a tagline, it’s how our community tirelessly works to save and revitalize some of Knoxville’s most endangered architectural and cultural assets, fostering economic growth and preserving these unique places for the next generation.
We fulfill our mission in three key ways:
- You contribute to the Vintage Properties Fund to restore blighted properties and assist with neighborhood stabilization and revitalization. Because of you, Knox Heritage can embark on renovations to save their unique architecture and presence in a neighborhood.
- Through your support, you steward two Landmark Properties, Historic Westwood and the Airplane Filling Station – both listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- You protect historic properties in Knoxville and surrounding counties through Preservation Easements administered by Knox Heritage, ensuring properties are protected from demolition and inappropriate renovations in perpetuity.
- You inspire advocacy and action by supporting Knox Heritage’s initiatives to keep our community informed, to host workshops and tours, and to provide Educational and Networking Opportunities to enhance public awareness of the benefits of historic preservation.
- Delivering programming such as the Preservation Network series, a fun and informative opportunity to gather with fellow preservation enthusiasts, featuring workshops, film screening, lectures, etc.
- Providing Technical Assistance to developers and property owners, including federal rehabilitation tax credits and national register nominations
- Hosting the annual East Tennessee Preservation Conference, a cherished event for those who value historic preservation and want to learn more about its power in our communities
- Recognizing outstanding preservation projects and individuals via the annual East Tennessee Preservation Awards
- Engaging the community with our popular Summer Suppers, carefully planned fundraising dinners that highlight various historic places and spaces in and around Knoxville
- Honoring the Preservationist of the Year at our annual Scruffy City Soirée, an event that celebrates our shared work and raises funds for continuing historic preservation efforts