Knox Heritage Seeks Marketing & Special Events Intern
Paid Internship Opportunity, Accepting Résumés Through April 15, 2023
Knox Heritage is a nonprofit whose mission is to protect Knoxville’s unique character for future generations by preserving, restoring, and transforming historically significant structures and places. Founded in 1974, Knox Heritage is a community of preservationists focused on advocacy, education, investment, and engagement in Knoxville’s history and irreplaceable architectural heritage. Knox Heritage also owns and operates Historic Westwood, the historic home, studio, and gallery of artist Adelia Armstrong Lutz.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to expand his/her marketing, communications, and event coordination skills. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and nonprofit management while working for a well-known community based nonprofit organization.
Responsibilities will be tailored to the intern’s interest/area of study, but typical duties include and are not limited to:
- Assist with updating and maintaining Knox Heritage’s social media presence; includes researching, writing and scheduling Facebook and Instagram updates, and creating a quarterly marketing plan.
- Create graphic designs in Canva for Knox Heritage events and social media.
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing monthly e-newsletter and other mass email communications.
- Draft, distribute, and pitch news releases, media alerts, and other stories.
- Work with staff and volunteers to assist with planning, coordinating, and implementing events designed to raise funds for and to promote community awareness of Knox Heritage programs.
- Assists in performing regular administrative duties; including but not limited to writing acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling sponsor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related online forms, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings, preparing committee meeting materials.
The Knox Heritage Marketing & Special Events Intern will be expected to possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately in both oral and written language
- Initiative to problem solve, if necessary
- Responsibility to complete projects by a pre-determined deadline
- Ability to work well with others or independently
- Proficient in usage of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software; other software (photo, video, etc.) a plus
Education and/or Experience: Undergraduate student studying communications, journalism, English, marketing, graphic design, or equivalent. Candidates will be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
Time Commitment: Hours and work dates are flexible and may be set according to an intern’s class/work schedule. Remote work is possible.
Compensation: $15 per hour for up to 20 hours per week.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to our Director of Development, Lacey Mellott, at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is April 15, 2023.